Monday, June 3, 2013

Crafty G-Kids!

I have a bin of scrap papers, a jar of ribbon and twine snippets, and another jar with misc embellies. I also happen to have grandkids who love to craft! Our Memorial weekend was chilly and rainy leaving us to stay indoors for the majority of the weekend. So .... up to "Nana's Art Room" we went!

Here's a couple of fun projects my 10 and 7 year old g-kids came up with:




I might be partial, but .... I think this little gal has some serious talent! She came up with this all on her own! We might be looking at a future Close To My Heart Consultant here!
My scrappy little g-daughter also reads my blog, so if you have time, I'm sure she'd love you to leave a comment!

This little guy wanted a sign for his bedroom door. Right now he's all about his scooter. I took some photos and printed them in wallet size on my home printer.
 
He made this collage and used items from the scrap stash to make it fun!
Again .... I might be (just a little) partial, but he did an excellent job of making his very own personalized door sign. There will be no doubt which bedroom belongs to him!
 
 
I have been blessed with five fabulous grandchildren. I love that I can share my hobby with them. As they get older I go from creating for them to creating with them. I want them to know it's important to have a hobby and do something they love. I hope as they grow, they find the time and a way to tell their story. Crafting is a great first step!
 
Share your love of crafting with someone you love today!
 
 
If you have time, could you leave a comment for the kids?
I'm sure they 'd love to hear from you!
Thanks!
 
 

 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Wow! I would say that both the kids are very talented!! It is so nice that they enjoy the craft room with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT, Marg!.... you must be very proud. Craftiness obviously runs in the family! I love the flower with bow on your G-Daughter's card... I love black/yellow/white together. :) And I'm so happy to see that talented young man ;) have some fun with his collage... love the photo arrangement he chose... they're not all just stuck on there straight! Tell the kids they did wonderful jobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to do that with my g-kids. We made treasure boxes the last time they visited and I forgot to get pictures! My one grandson has to make a scrapbook for scouts! That will be fun for him to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful post! You are one lucky g-ma to have such creative grandchildren. I love the big, white daisy with the "For Always" paper. Tell that cutie that I may have to scraplift that idea. And the sign for little guy's room is perfect. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,thanks for the comments im marg's g-daughter!!!!and i made a few layouts!hopefully she might post them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!