Friday, February 15, 2013

Rose Blossom Blog Hop Time!


Welcome to the Rose Blossoms Spring/Summer Idea Book Blog Hop! I am so glad that you have stopped by my blog along the way! You should have come to me from Kristine's blog. The rules for the hop are simple, and I'll tell you all about them after I share my artwork!
My assignment was to create a layout with the wildly wonderful new SURF'S UP products. Well, I'm just crazy about Surf's Up and couldn't stop at just one! With a color palette that features Sorbet, Surf's Up Teal, Chocolate, and Surf's Up Gold it's easy to scrapbook those happy warm weather or vacation memories.

To coincide with this month's fabulous deal on Studio J layouts, I created this digital layout using photos I recently found from last summer!




Here are two traditional paper layouts I created using the Surf's Up Workshop on the Go:


If you've taken a peak at the Surf's Up Workshop on the Go, you'll notice that I switched it up a bit with my photo sizes and placement. One thing to keep in mind about our Workshops is that nothing is set in stone .... use Close To My Heart's basic great design and make it your own!


I am loving the Surf's Up stamp set and I can't say enough about those adorable pinwheels and buttons!



I took some creative liberties with this next layout as well but the same great Close To My Heart design is still intact.


One of my very favorite techniques is sanding the papers and photos. I especially love using this technique for beach-outdoor-water layouts. It's a great way to add subtle texture and depth without a lot of fuss. I even like my stamping to be slightly distressed for a coordinating look.
Here are the simple rules for the hop:

**Collect one word at each blog stop
**My word is SUMMER 
**Brenda is at the end of the hop, and you will write your completed sentence there. Don't worry that your comment doesn't show! Brenda has the comments hidden for the blog hop!
**The winner of the grand prize will be randomly selected from the completed sentences!
 The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
**Buzz and Bumble Paper Packet
**Honeycomb Stamp Set
If you are inspired here today, I would love for you to follow me and comment on my blog! I am giving one lucky winner the choice of a Surf's Up Paper Pack or two (2) Studio J layout codes! So be sure to be/become a follower and leave a comment on this post for your chance to win!

Your next stop on the hop is Sara's blog. Should you get lost along the way, here is the order
Lynn
Kristine
Marg YOU ARE HERE
Sara  THIS IS YOUR NEXT STOP!
Tammie
Cindy
Kim H
Kim R
Crystal
Brenda
I sure hope you're having fun and finding inspiration as you hop through our Rose Garden! We appreciate you taking the time to pay us a visit! Happy Hoppin' Everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I can't wait to play with this paper and use our pool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marg, I LOVE your layouts!! Oh how I admire them and your layouts with Studio J! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Marg! Your layouts are wonderful! I love how you created Studio J and traditional layouts to show just how versatile CTMH is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would have the perfect photos for Surf's Up! From Studio J to traditional, you do a fabulous job with layouts! There is always a piece of you left on the paper, and that is really nice to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Marg, I was on the fence with Surf's Up, but no longer! These are FABULOUS (or should I say...GROOVY...) ;) Love the studio j layout, too. They are all AMAZING...but that's the way you roll... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marg, I can't wait to get my hands on this paper pack! Your layouts are fun to look at and inspiring. I love seeing your studio J layouts too!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. great layouts...thanks for the heads up about this hop. This is my first stop can't wait for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the invite to visit your hop and I hope you enjoyed ours as well! Super fun layouts, makes me long for summer and some pool time! Happy Crafting from PaperDragonFleur.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...fantastic layouts. What a great way to show Studio J (Queen) and traditional together. My fave is the way you used that swirl paper to bring that one photo as a focal point. Can't wait for pool time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layouts are fabulous! Wow! Can't wait to dig into the Surfs Up WOTG now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layouts are very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marg, I can never get enough of your layouts! This is super fun!! I love that you did a Studio J layout and traditional. Someday I would like to sit with you and make some pages. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marg, you are a creative genius! Thanks for sharing your Studio J and traditional layouts. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful layouts! I wasn't sure I liked the Surf's Up paper but, now, seeing your layouts, you may have changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!