Friday, February 8, 2013

Live, Love, Scrap

"How we love Delta Phi Scrappa" ..... oops. I can't seem to get that song out of my head! (probably because I scored pledge points for memorizing it .... along with a secret handshake)

Yes, it was an all out pink-black-polka-dot-it retreat weekend with the ladies of Delta Phi Scrappa! Despite brutally cold weather, the welcome was warm and laughter was plentiful. I first ran into this group at a CK Convention in 2007. I kept putting off attending their big event until this year when I got notice that it would be the last. My sister finally agreed to try a retreat with me and what the heck ... it might as well be an over-the-top wildly creative and crazy one! Let me tell you ... it did not disappoint!

Here's a little overview of our weekend. I'll be sure to post our class photos when they arrive and some of the layouts I worked on in a future post.

Sorority Pledges
That's my sister on the left and me on the right. We had to wear our beanies all weekend ... and I'm so not a hat wearin' kinda gal! But we had fun with it. You can't see it in these photos but we attached fluffy pink tails to the back of our beanies!


Nice Digs!
We had lovely accommodations at Grandview Lodge. In case you've ever wondered ... that's what a Minnesota golf course looks like in February at 20 degrees below zero!


A Page and a Card

Here's an 8x8 page we created using new 
Creative Memories products.
The card was made with random supplies and a CTMH stamp.


Wandering Outside My Box
The  20x 10 "Inspire" sign was created using 
Bazzill Subway Art and embellishments.
The cards are SEI papers and design. Cute huh? 
I'll be sharing more details on those in a future post!


Surprises and Spiffs!
When we arrived at our tables on Saturday morning everyone had a 
gift bag full of new Fiskars products! 
We also exchanged business cards and info with each other
 ... everything from jewelry to auto repair!
Not pictured ... the yummiest ever gourmet cupcake we received from one of the event sponsors 
... oh yeah.

Cute Idea
Everyone received one of these from a gal who sells candles!
I think this is an adorable idea for just about anyone though!

Pinned & Graduated!
Yep ... we recorded enough points in our Pledge Books to be officially inducted into
 Delta Phi Scrappa!  
Off came the beanie, then on to graduation after that!


 Bonus!
Being the lover of Turimiso that I am, it was thrilling to experience the best version of this delightful dessert that I've ever tasted! Yep ... I'll be back to Grandview Lodge in the near future!

So there's a little review of my big weekend in Northern Minnesota with my sister and one really fun group of gals! I'm so happy I finally attended this event. On the other hand, I'm kicking myself for not joining years ago. There are rumors of a reunion someday and when there is .... my sister and I, along with a bunch of our scrap buddies will be there! Until then, I'm off to live, love, scrap, and be acid free!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!