Thursday, June 14, 2012

Studio J and CSI

I have a "Chronological Scrapping Issue" goin' on when it comes to scrapbooking. Always have, always will. I spent years creating chronological family scrapbooks only. That's really all I knew and all I had time for. As my scrapping and photo skills improved over the years my albums became larger and more detailed. Guess what? I fell behind. Sound familar?

Fast forward to 2008 and the discovery of digital scrapbooking. Hallelujah! Not only did I learn to create great looking pages with perfectly edited photos, I did it without making a huge mess! And the best part .... I expanded my papercrafting horizon. I have the freedom to dabble with cards, gifts, home decor items and even better paper scrapbook pages!

Here's a recent {digital}Studio J layout I did for my Year in Review 2012 album:


With Studio J the layout gets done quickly, no muss, no fuss. It was delivered to my doorstep, placed in my album and I can call it done!

Now, I'm able to take some of the same photos and create a traditional scrapbook layout for a special little someone who has her very own scrapbook sitting on Nana's shelf!


See? I used the same title, photos, and even the same Close To My Heart paper pack (Lucy) for this traditional paper layout.
Traditional, do-it-the-old-fashion-way scrapbooking is my first love. Studio J digital allows me to feed my need for chronological scrapbooking without getting {too far} behind! Then I can move on to other projects that inspire and challenge me .... and I can make the scrap-happy messes I love so much!

I know that we scrappers never-ever truly get "caught up". But next time you're staring down a pile of photos and feeling a little overwhelmed, consider Studio J and give digital scrapbooking a try. I think you'll be very pleased!

Have a wonderful day!

Comments are always welcome and appreciated here at the Tator Patch!




1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I have never been a chronological scrapper - instead always having several books started. So in my case, I am never caught up!! But what I am thankful for is that I have some of Shane's little boy pictures left to scrap, and I love pulling them out to work with. Scrapping is good memories! I so enjoy how you embrace Studio J and what I learn from your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!