Friday, May 11, 2012

Spring Training 2012: Window Light

Day 5 at Ella's Spring Training was all about "using the light"! Erin Cobb taught 3 ways to use natural window light to take great photos.

With these photos, given the time of day I shot them, I had the best results using Erin's "Flat Lighting" and "Back Lighting" methods. Again, practice will make perfect and learning more about the manual settings on my camera will help me advance my skills.

Flat Lighting

Back Lighting

Here's an Ella blog post with more tips on using window lighting for better photos:
http://www.ellapublishing.com/blog/melissa-shanhun/three-ways-use-window-light-day-5

Again, thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the tips. Your photos are lovely. It looks like you learned a lot in Spring Training. I may have to join next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!