Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spring Training 2012: Customizing Accents

Day 11 at Ella's Spring Training was all about altering or customizing embelishments, letters, and stickers. Nichol Magouirk demo'd a few inking and distressing techniques that I fully intend on trying out sometime.

I was reminded today that the best thing I ever did to advance my papercrafting skills was adding stamps and inks to my tool box. For my assignment, I altered three Milepost Shapes stars:

The stars on the left are straight out of the bag.
I mixed up a little dab of paint using my Outdoor Denim re-inker.
While the paint was damp, I sprinkled each blue star with a touch of glitter.
I stamped out the Sunny Yellow stars, cut them out and attached them to the dried blue stars.
Then I tied that cute little bow with some Baker's Twine!
Very easy .... I promise!


I'll be using them on this work-in-progress!
(My new Grandson's first layout!)



Here's a great little article with more on customizing accents:


Thanks for stopping the Tator Patch. Now ... go be creative! :)
As always, comments are welcome and appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. These are great! I never would have thought of painting those starts. TFS Can't wait to see that finished layout, looks so good already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marg, I get so unbelievably busy that I don't get to re-learn and remember all the things I would love to do in my craft room. When I come to your blog, I am so inspired, and you teach me and help me remember wonderful things. I can't wait to spend time with you again at Convention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe those are the same product! Love the finished look. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!