Saturday, March 10, 2012

Peek-A-Boo!

Today's weather here in Minnesota made it difficult to choose between finishing a scrapbook page or going outside ... well, I accomplished both!  A good day indeed!
I will be blessed with a 4th grandchild in a few short weeks. I created this page for his baby book:


I've been frustrated in the past with my attempts to scrapbook ultra-sound photos. Let's face it, the black-greenish imaging is difficult to work into the baby boy blue color scheme. So.... here's where I placed the photos ...

Yep ... open the card and there they are!






This page is going to:

The Spring Color Challenge at Heart to Heart. I used these CTMH colors: Sky, Sweet Leaf and Sunkiss Yellow


Challenge 42 at Shopping Our Stash: I used two embossing techniques on this page to create the dots on the photo folder, the striped green paper, and the framing on the base cardstock.

Supplies Used:
Papers and Inks by Close To My Heart
Lettering: Cork Alpha by Close To My Heart
Ribbon, buttons, twine by CTMH
Cricut Cartridge: Art Philosophy
Tape label printed with a Brothers Labeler
Butterflies punched with a Martha Stewart punch
Border punch by Fiskars
The polka dot paper: see THIS post
The background cardstock was made with Sky Ink and a brayer.
Baby Connor is due on Easter Sunday .... stay tuned for more baby boy pages!

Thanks for stopping by!
Comments are always welcome and appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. You really put your heart into this layout & it shows! There are so many cute details here, and the way you incorporated the photos is awesome. Thanks for sharing this fabulous layout with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see every little bit of your love and pride in this layout. I love how you hid the ultrasound photos. And all the little details are marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT is the most clever and tasteful idea I've seen for ultrasound photos. But I think one could take this idea and use it for even more. Thank you for sharing this beautiful and inspirational work. You did a fantastic job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Love your layout. Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love all the details on your page. What a clever way to present the ultrasound photos! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very clever with the photos...love the whole way taht lay out turned out...Thanksf ro jioning in at shopping our stash this week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this layout! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great way to hide tose pictures that you want in a book but do not want seen. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!