Thursday, January 26, 2012

How To: Paper Distressing 102

Thought I'd offer a few more tips on distressing as long as I was in the midst of creating a page title that needed some alterations.

Before
I cut my letters in Colonial White at 1.5 inches using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I wanted my title to be noticeable but I also wanted it to blend a little better than this:



After
I sponged my Colonial White sheet with Honey ink, then used a textured sponge to add some brown Distress ink for a little more depth.


Then, I ran the sheet through my Cricut and in less than one minute, I had letters that stood out enough to be title-worthy and complimented the page's color scheme.


I swear, this cartridge rarely leaves the slot in my Cricut. It is my most used cartridge ever .....  and I own over 40 others!
There's a whole lot of bang for your buck with this one!

 
The letters now have a soft honey glow and added depth.


Z697 Round Sponge $1.25




Add a hint of color to your artwork using the large round sponge with chalks or inks.

Z1296 Distressing Inks $3.95 Twin Pack




You’ll find yourself reaching for these miniature chalk ink pads again and again. The pads are easy to hold when distressing edges and pages. Colors are Black and Chocolate for antiquing all types of projects. (Includes 1 Black and 1 Chocolate mini ink pad.)

Z1298 Texture Tools $9.50

Transform your layouts with distressed Texture Tools. Get an even texture with the foam tool, an organic bubbly texture with the sea sponge tool, a rough look with the black stubble tool, or a classic texture with the stipple tool. All four tools are designed for use with ink or paint. Flat bottoms allow you to stand the tools between uses. (Includes 4 tools.)

1388 12" X 12" Colonial White Cardstock 

24 Sheets $9.50
Available in each of our 60 exclusive colors, this 65 lb. cover weight paper is printed on a white base creating our signature white core. Our cardstock is acid free, lignin free, and buffered. Cardstocks are available in five combo packs (2 each of 12 colors), 15 Shade Packs (4 each of 3 harmonious colors), and select single-color packs (24 sheets of 1 color).

Z1686 Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection

Collection includes:
1 – Cartridge (700 images: font, shapes, and 3-D items)
3 – My Acrylix® D-size stamp sets
3 – 9" × 12" Dimensional Elements (3 sheets of different shapes)


To browse and shop more great Close To My Heart product, visit my online store here: margvp.myctmh,com

Thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch!
As always, comments are welcome and appreciated!




1 comment:

  1. These pictures are great! Distressing is so much fun and you've shown just how easy it is for anybody to do. Great post! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!