Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer Sky; Sassy Week One Reveal

"To see the summer sky is poetry" ~Emily Dickenson

Hope everyone had a fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend. I know we did! Even though my better half and I did a little part-timing at the office, we spent a good deal of the long weekend enjoying our backyard and getting a few "to-dos" off the list. Simple meals, mild weather, and some good exercise made it just perfect!

I was pleased to return to my craftroom this past week and get the ol' creativity part of my brain back in gear. Afterall, I have 400 plus photos to sort through from our recent camping trip .... speaking of which, I used two of them to create this page for September's Week One challenge over at Sassy Lil Sketches.

All supplies by Close To My Heart: Level 2 paper "Dreamin" with coordinating inks, Milepost Shapes
Antique Brads, Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, and stamp sets C1439, D1457, S1111, and D1495.


And here's the sketch that started it all:

You're going to love what the Sassies did with this one!
Here are some of the details:

Title created using the Art Philosophy font
Banner created using stamped and cut embellies and a Milepost Shapes bracket


Hidden journaling reads: "We were blessed with mild weather and perfectly beautiful skies during our stay. I so enjoy days with a blue sky and pillow-soft clouds. but its the sunset sky that stops me in my tracks. I look west and am reminded of nature's beauty and the peace I derive from sights like this. More importantly, I am reminded of home. Home is west of here. I take time and give thanks for this beauty, for my family, friends, comforts, and countless other blessings I've received. God is good ... all the time."

Sure would love to see you join us over at Sassy Lil Sketches this month! Challenges for scrapbookers and card-makers alike. Play along once and you'll be hooked! Believe me ... I know! The inspiration never ends and the fun never stops! Our perfectly delightful prized sponsor for September is  Authentique Paper
Really cool stuff .... Check them out!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. lovely colors, great photos. great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are on the Sassy team! This is just beautiful and great use of the blue leaf side of that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos, beautiful colours, fabulous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the color palette and cool photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!