Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pool'in Around

When I began scrapbooking over 12 years ago I had difficulty with 12 x 12  pages. For me, it was such a large area and I spent alot of time trying to use all that space. My comfort zone was the 8-1/2 x 11 pages and that's what I did alot of in those early years.

When I saw the photo inspiration challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week I immediately knew I wanted to revisit my old 8.5x11 habit. Funny thing .... it took me a little while to reorient myself! But once I got going {and resisted the urge to reach for a 12x12 sheet} I remembered how much I really like this page size.

Here's the layout:
Journaling reads:
My niece Lindsay and her guy Josh are two very "cool" young people. I love seeing them at family events. July 2011 Forest Lake, MN


Flip-Flops!

Here's the photo for inspiration:
I really like the cool, clean look of the photo and how its laid out in 3 sections.

Close To My Heart Supplies used:
Paper: Daisy White, Smoothie, Pacifica, Sunny Yellow, Pear
Ink: Smoothie, Pear, Archival Black
Stamps: D1307, D1290, W189
Sanding block, mini flowers, and brads
Other supplies: Fiskars Wave Punch, Stampendous Glitter, Cuttlebug Swirl Folder

Thanks for stopping by ..... Have a Blessed Day!

5 comments:

  1. Love the flip flops!! Thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marg, this is such a cute layout! I love the white space, and the colors are just perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your layout! It is cool and refreshing, just like the inspiration photo. I like the 8.5x11 size, and you could easily mount it on a 12x12 background piece if you wanted. Thanks for sharing your interpretation of the H2H inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling layout! I love your play on words for the title. =) Thank you for playing along with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout! Little by little I am seeing that size come back. I did like that size, too, and have been thinking about some albums in that size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!