Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some Things Never Change

David loved his bikes as a young lad. A fair weather day never passed without a ride. Some things never change ... except maybe the kind of bike!



This is my middle child. My self professed squeaky wheel who claims to have suffered "middle child syndrome". Well, he seems to have recovered nicely and continues to love bikes every bit as much now as he did when he was a little guy!

I hesitated to use the one photo of him "jumping" his bike in the backyard. I had less than average camera skills years ago, thus, the head-less shot of the big jump. I've kept this photo simply because it reminds me of those daring backyard endeavors and how, all I could do sometimes, was just shake my head in wonder, and hope they didn't fall too hard.  I decided to use the photo because when my sons see it, they'll laugh, and start telling stories about all the crazy kooky things they did on their bikes .... and that's why I scrapbook!

I used this June 21st Sassy Lil Sketch for inspiration:


I am also entering this page over at Better Living Through Scrapbooking. Challenge #2 is all about creating a Then and Now page. Criteria met: Clock, upper left and Game piece or card, background paper is a bingo-type game board.

Supplies used:
All Papers: Olive and Lucky Level 2, CTMH
Stamp Sets; C1439 and D1495, CTMH
Inks: Chocolate, Olive, and Desert Sand, CTMH
Embellishments, Brads and Opaques, Lucky Assortment, CTMH
You can see more Close To My Heart products, supplies, and ideas here: http://margvp.myctmh.com/
or email me at theparge@gmail.com
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great entry for those challenges!! I love imperfect pictures. They sometimes tell a story in themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of this layout!!! Well done ... thanks for playing with us at SLS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!