Friday, March 4, 2011

Good Girl .... Loves Horses

Recently, my daughter and her fiance had to make a tough decision. Faced with increasing costs of living, an upcoming wedding, and beginning the journey towards home ownership, they decided that it was necessary to sell their horse Zoey Jane. Not easy, but it was the financially responsible thing to do. I'm proud of them.

Here's a photo I came across when I was "stealing" photos from my daughter's facebook albums. It fit beautifully with this week's challenge over at Papercraft Star. The challenge: Create a project using a song title or book or movie as your inspiration. For example, use the title, the story/lyrics or a character as your inspiration to create whatever papercraft project your heart desires.  

I used lyrics from Tom Petty's "Free Fall'in" as the journaling to go with the photo of my good girl who loves horses!


Supplies used:

The layout is based on a template by Katie Pertit at Designer Digitals. I basically used my digital template as a sketch to create this paper layout.

Paper: Sassparilla by CTMH
Rub-ons: Easy Sew by Doodlebug
Photo Tab: CTMH
Transparency Sheet by 3M
Horseshoe: Debbie Mumm
Star, brad, and twine: misc supply
Chalk Ink: Burnt Sienna by Colorbox
Song Lyrics by Tom Petty

P.S. Not only did I swipe this photo from my daughter's facebook album....I also took a few items from the scrapbook stash she left in my craft room! Somehow, I don't think she'll mind. Afterall.....she's a good girl!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I was so moved by this, Marg. Lovely tribute to your daughter. (Tom Petty is all over my IPOD, love him...) Good to see you again at Papercraft Star !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet layout about your daughter! I laughed when I read about you "stealing" photos as my MIL does that all the time, lol! Thank you for joining us at Papercraft Star this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a touching layout. And really, this is what scrapping is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sentimental page. "the Recipe" on your side bar made me laugh. Cute.
    http://sillyp4jc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!