Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December's Dumping Ground

Well, I made one heck of a mess....



but honestly, I did very little crafting this past month. {My craft room became a bit of a "dumping ground" for all sorts of non-craft activity.} December is, after all, the month to create and give really cool handcrafted gifts and cards. I planned and plotted, perused my favorite blogs and checked out some really great online deals but, alas ... didn't spend a whole lot of time in my creative corner of the house. It bummed me out when I finally realized that I wasn't going to accomplish what I set out to do. Bummed out, but, just a little bit and not for very long. When I take a look back at December and make a list of what I did get done (in the creativity department), it goes something like this:

I completed the free online workshop "Inspiration Everywhere" by Jessica Sprague. Among other things, I made a really neat art journal that I'll share with everyone next week and I learned how to make and use transparencies .... very cool!

I'm just finishing an awesome workshop over at Renee Pearson's website: "25 Days of Templates" with Tiffany Tillman. Get this ...."This highly inspirational class provides daily tips and techniques that will help you craft a holiday album using layered templates as the foundation." And I've got to tell you...Inspirational it has been! Really, I can't wait to get started on my 2010 Holiday Album.

I took two classes at my local scrapbook store  Memories and More with instructor Jen Lee. She's teaching her signature "Waterfall Page" classes once a month along with one altered project class per month. I'll share the projects in a future blog but for now, here are links to the store and to Jen's blog:
http://www.memoriesandmore.com/
http://www.myscrappychic.com/

I decorated the largest Christmas tree we've ever had using lots of crafty buttons, ribbons, and wooden ornaments....



I made my own wreath. I still have an awful time making large bows but this was good practice!













I made tons of super simple treats for customers, friends, mail carriers, paper carriers, pizza kid, uniform guy, etc....
(SEI Christmas Mint Papers)

I created a centerpiece using old heirloom ornaments and a large hurricane vase.

 











I printed and embellished these really cute gift tags:

Come to think of it, with all the shopping, gift wrapping, baking, and entertaining I did this past month, my craft room should be a mess!  And even though I didn't get all the projects done I would have liked to, I did take some really great classes and feel inspired and creative for the coming new year. I also have my craft room cleaned up and back in order...thank goodness.

Have an awesome day and, as always....
Thanks for stopping by the Tator Patch!



1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad you found Jen! She is an awesome teacher and doing so well with her CTMH business and classes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!