Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One Sixty Plus

On my recent trip to the North Shore I shot {160+} photos over the course of 4 days. I documented the road trip, hikes, nature, food, signs, rainbows, eagles....you name it, I photographed it.

Here's what I do with 160+ photos:

1. Get them OFF of my camera and into my photo sorting/editing program.
2. Scan through them and DELETE the bad shots, the duplicates, etc
3. Go back through the remaining shots and TAG my very favorites.
4. Burn the "keepers" onto a CD, label and store.
5. BACK-UP my files: photo-site upload, external hard drive, etc

Now that the pile has been cleaned up I can start planning a layout or two that tells the story. In this case, I chose to do a 2-page spread that will be added to my Year in Review album. (Digital papers=Fall Colors 02 at Little Dreamer Designs, Alpha=Wooden Alpha at Designer Digitals, Fonts= Century Gothic, Teletype and MaSexy)

 

The trick is to pick only the photos that are the most meaningful and help tell the story. Traditional or digital ... you only have so much room to effectively tell the story with photos and journaling.
So what began as 160+ photos was reduced to 73 photos that are archived. I used 11 photos to create these two pages and will use other photos from this trip to create additional projects or gifts in the future. But for now, the journey is documented, the photos are stored and the story is told.

I learned an absolute ton about album creation and the processing and purging of photos in a class called Album Magic taught by Anna Aspnes. You can get more info on the class at http://www.reneepearson.com/
I use the work flow system taught by Anna Aspnes all the time. It works well and I highly recommend her class if you get the opportunity. **This class is being offered right now. Begins November 8th
Thanks for stopping by the {Tator Patch}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!