Friday, October 29, 2010

{LOL} Page Kits

Welcome to another edition of {LOL}. Here at the Tator Patch {LOL} covers all things Labeled, Organized, or Laminated!
Page kits.  Luv ‘em!
As much as I love creating my own projects, it’s nice to get some help from people who design these things for a living. Here’s what I love most about page kits:
·         Cost effective: I don’t have to purchase whole packages of paper, ribbon, or embellishments. If I happen to really fall in love with something in the kit that I know I will use on other projects, I have the option of purchasing a full package of that product. {My latest love is anything shiny}
·         Try new techniques and products: I discovered “inked edges” through a project kit from Quick Quotes. Love inking. I tried rub-ons for the first time in a kit from Piggy Tales. I’m not a rub-on fan.
·         Save time: Page and projects kits are always color/style coordinated. The solid papers match or compliment the printed papers perfectly. The embellishments are just right. No mess’in around. The shopping is all done for you.
·         Follow the instructions …. Or not!: The instructions show placement for 2 – 4x6 photos place horizontal on the page. You want to put 3 4x6 photos vertically on the page. By all means, go for it. Instructions show the placement of Prima Flowers. Not a flower girl? Leave them off and replace with something you like better! Tweek it here and there. Make it your own.
·         Gift-Giving: Assemble pages or projects  as far as you can get them without placing photos and journaling. Cover and store with any additional, unused materials from the kit. Add photos and journaling at a later date to complete the project, or gift the unfinished product to a fellow hobbyist. Either way, the bulk of the work is done.
Here’s a page kit I received as a bonus from Close To My Heart.  This is the “Miracle” kit:
The kit is designed to help create 2- 12x24 –page spreads (4 pages total). Although, I have a friend who used this very same kit to make beautiful cards.
 Instructions, new product, and a new type of embellishment to try out!

I will likely use these pages for photos of my granddaughter. I’ll pull the layouts together by choosing a color in the photos and inking the remaining embellishments to match. Easy-Peasy! For now, these are stored in a 12x12 plastic box with the remaining supplies. You can bet I’ll be snapping photos of my little peanut in the near future!

Thanks for visiting the {Tator Patch} .....
Have a super-duper weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!