Monday, September 6, 2010

"Live Life.... Photograph It .... Tell Your Story."

The Minnesota State Fair comes to a close in a few short hours. Labor Day will soon be gone and the school buses will be back on the road tomorrow morning. Where did the summer go? Maybe looking back at the photos I have yet to scrapbook will help me answer that question!

Now that we have a change of season upon us, this is a perfect time to download and sort those digi shots that are still hanging around on your camera or cell phone. If you don't have time for editing that's okay. Just get them off your camera, onto your computer and ideally, backed up on a cd, external hardrive or uploaded to a photo site (Shutterfly, Snapfish, Photobucket) so they're available when you're ready to use them!

This week's challenge at http://www.betterscrap.com/ is all about using photos that aren't the best and from a technical standpoint would be discarded. But what if it's your only shot of someone or an event that is important to you? By all means, keep the photos and use them to document the story behind the photo.

This layout has three photos I took of my grandaughter on the day she was born. They are the first photos I took of her. They were shot through the nursery window and are of poor quality. Despite the quality issues, these photos bring back the memory of seeing Dana Rose for the first time. I recorded a moment in time that I will always remember and cherish. This is a perfect example of why I scrapbook. It's not about getting the perfect photo, it's about documenting my life and the lives of the people I love. Granted, I aim for good photos and actually get the perfect shot on occassion, but for me, that's not the most important aspect by any means. "Live Life .... Photograph It .... Tell your Story."

Here's this week's challenge layout. The journaling reads: I'll never forget the moment I laid eyes on my precious Dana Rose ... The nurse wheeled her little cart up to the window and lifted her up for all to see. She was so tiny and beautiful! If she could possibly remember, I was the one with my nose pressed against the glass wishing I could hold her at that moment. It truly was love at first sight."

Supplies used: 8.5x11 Kraft Paper [Archivers], Printed Papers[Baby Girl by Deja Views],
Ribbon [American Craft], Inked Edges [QQ Powder-Puffs], Rub-Ons [misc]

Happy 2nd Birthday Dana Rose .... You are Nana's Sweetie Pie!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Marg! I am so proud of the way you've grabbed onto Better Living through Scrapbooking. Your work is amaxing! I am excited to see what you do with your Piggy Tales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop and thank you for adding the Papercraft Star button to your blog! Your support is appreciated. After 30 days (Oct 8) we'll add your blog to our Friend list! Thanks again for your support, hope you join us for the challenges and a chance to win great prizes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!