Sunday, January 15, 2017

RB Hop: It's a Guy Thing!


Welcome to our first Blog Hop of 2017
We Rose Blossoms are ready to bring you another year of Close To My Heart Inspiration and fun!

We're celebrating a new year AND new product from the 2017 Seasonal Expressions 1 Book. We each had to pick a favorite and it wasn't easy. If you arrived here by way of the lovely and wildly talented Brenda Rose you're on track to see more goooood stuff!

I really love how Close To My Heart expanded the Fundamentals product line by adding new complements packs. Our fabulous line of Fundamental Papers just got even more versatile and exciting. I am especially excited about this Fundamentals Complements pack:



 I made this page using the Enchantment Fundamentals papers and some favorite photos of my youngest grandson:

This page is a little out of my box and I had fun creating it!
I used thin strips of Peacock card stock to underline words in the word-puzzle print. 
Then, I added the (retired) Black Enamel Stars to accent the paper strips.



Next, I made this layout using lifted-from-facebook photos posted by our very own "Grizzly Adams"!


I used Rustic Home Fundamentals papers as a base. 
See how nicely the same complements pack transitioned from Enchantment to Rustic Home 
and "little boy" to "big boy" themed pages? It's a guy-thing all right. 
Who doesn't just love that kind of versatility?



Here's a look at the other new Complements packs available right now!
These packs are designed to coordinate perfectly with the Whimsy, Basics, and Adventure Fundamentals papers. I can't wait to play with all of them as I scrapbook all my favorite photos in the coming months!

Thanks for hopping with the Rose Blossoms. 
We'll be back on February 15th with another round of inspiration!

I'm sending you off to see SHELLY next ... 
Rumor has it she's been a paper crafting machine!

*************************************

Here's your Hop List ... just in case you get side tracked:

Marg You are Here!

7 comments:

  1. love getting new ideas for layouts! great use of the new complements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to show that these compliments work for boys of all ages. Awesome layouts as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts! I love these new Complements and how you have used them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you pulled together all of the masculine elements! There is so much for the ladies in the new SE, it's good to see how much can be used for the guys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness....love the layout of your Grandson and how you underlined the words with a little strip of paper. Grizzy Adams is a great layout as well. Such awesome use of the fundamentals and the new complements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both really great layouts, but I love that you underlined words in the first layout with cardstock, and the stars give it that great shooting star look - really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing display on how to use this compliment set! So many wonderful ideas! The layouts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!