Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Happy Surprise

I took a quick detour away from workshop and card kit planning to create a simple scrapbook page about a happy surprise I received last October. My Florida g-kids paid me a brief and very unexpected visit one day. I was sitting at my desk, the office door opened, two little figures dashed in quickly and hid behind the counter. Then my son walked in and I realized that the giggles I heard coming from the other side of the counter must be two of my five favorite little people! It's unfortunate they had come up from Florida for a funeral on their mother's side but I just couldn't help but be thrilled that I had a chance to hug them while they were here in Minnesota!



I didn't even have to make this up from scratch ... I used a page pattern from the latest how-to book "Make It From Your Heart" Vol 1. All I had to do was choose the papers, some coordinating elements, and the photo. I had the cutting instructions and sample artwork right in front of me. I followed along and in less than an hour I had this page knocked out. Yes, I could have taken a little more time and perfected some of my stamping, inked more edges, or used MS Word to create my journaling. But you know what? I wanted to preserve this memory right away. It is currently displayed on a tabletop easel in my craft room and it makes me smile every time I walk into that room. Isn't that what our hobby is all about?

All supplies by Close To My Heart
Clementine Paper and Coordinating Elements
Thanks for taking the time to stop by .... 
Hope you get a chance to document a favorite memory this week!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page. I love the details, and the picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! You captured it so well in this layout. That photo is precious and love how you showcased it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely layout, Marg! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marg! This page is so beautiful! Between the color choices and the joyful picture it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!