Sunday, May 1, 2011

One Sentence Journaling

Day 2 at Ella's Spring Training 2011:

So, I pop on over to the Craftnasium and what do I see in today's topic title? One Sentence Journaling. Yep, that's right. Okay Angie Lucas, let's see if you can take an old-school scrap girl like me and teach me this new trick!

I'll admit journaling can become an issue for me. It's just that I find the old who-what-where-when-why method boring, monotonous, lackluster, and just plain no fun anymore. After all, I do love telling a good story but the older I get, the more I resist "playing by the rules"!

The problem I've run into is this: I put pages together and promise that I'll go back and complete the journaling part when I have a "quiet moment" ... like that ever happens. End result? Unfinished albums. Great photos, darn good layouts, quality product ... but the story is missing.

I recently decided that there's nothing wrong with creating layouts that don't include official stories or even main titles. The heck with the 5 w's I say! And guess what? Angie Lucas gave me some really great tips on how to write a single sentence that adds a perfect, personal touch to just about any page. It turns out I was on the right track with switching out how I do my journaling. Now I have the tools to go forth and break free from the same ol' same ol'. I get to mix it up ... now that's fun!

Here's the layout I created for today's challenge workout:




Journaling reads: I loved being there for your first Easter egg hunt. You bring me such joy!

Okay, okay.....it's two sentences, not one ....but I can call this page done!
Supplies used:
Kraft Paper: CTMH
All other papers and stickers: Cheerful Spring paper pack by Creative Memories
Cricut Cartridge: Celebrations

I'm off to dig out my 2008 Year in Review album and put some good one-liners together! I'll finish that bad boy yet!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!