Friday, January 1, 2016

RB Hop: January Stamp of the Month

Happy New Year and Welcome!

You likely came by way of Lynn's Bungalow where some of the best-ever-kraft- happiness resides!
Our hop is easy ... start wherever you'd like and simply hop through until you land where you began.

We're kicking off 2016 with this lovely Stamp of the Month:
"Beloved Bouquet"

This exclusive stamp set is available until January 31st
Find it HERE



Okay. In all honesty, this is not a stamp set I would naturally gravitate toward. But, I'm a sucker for good sentiments and totally love the fonts used on this particular set. Well, I set out to create cards using those wonderful sentiments.

Well, one thing lead to another and it wasn't long before I found my self playing with all the stamps and lots of ink! I brushed up on some first-second generation stamping skills and before I knew it, I had a full blown "garden" to pick from! At this point I knew I had wandered away from my original card making mission.



I cut out several blossoms and continued to play. In no time at all, {true story} I had successfully created my very own cluster! {insert pat on the back here}. As I am so not a cluster-queen, this achievement deserved something more than a card ... besides, it was too big! I decided to use my Beloved Bouquet cluster on the cover of this My Creations Black Mini Album:


So... the moral of this story: Never underestimate the possibilities when looking at ANY Close To My Heart stamp set. Open those ink pads and play!  You might just surprise yourself ...


I paired my newly embellished mini album with the Beautiful You Picture My Life card set.

A perfect combination that came together quickly, and with wonderful results.
Just one of the many reasons I love Close To My Heart products.

Oh, and about those cards .... I'll post those later this week!

Now, you're off to see the my friend Shelly who gave me a sneak peak yesterday. 
You're sure to love what she has in store!

We thank you for hopping with us and look forward to sharing more ideas and fun in 2016!

11 comments:

  1. I actually did a double and then triple take when I saw this! Oh my word!! This is phenomenal, and I am going to have to take the time to lift this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!!! The not so cluster girl is now the Queen for sure! I love the colors you paired together and that album is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your album cover is now so unique and special! I love projects that come together like that-- a beautiful surprise! Lovely, Marg!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I couldn't wait to see what you created with all those blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers - those colors against the black background are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooooooooove that you set out with no plan and in the end it looks like you were focused like a laser beam to make that gorgeous cluster. I took a cluster class and it's still a mystery to me so I know all about that pat on the back. I give you a high five for sure. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely beautiful, colorful cluster of yumminess on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cluster, MVP! Love the peek at the "practice" runs too. They're fabulous just like you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Marg! This is so beautiful. Look what your heart lead you to create once you started stamping. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!