Saturday, July 16, 2011

OFF the To-Do List!

Back in October of 2009 I spent a few days on Minnesota's beautiful North Shore with my sisters. Had a great time, took lots of really good photos, made albums for my sisters (they loved them!), and stopped short of making one for myself. It went on the To-Do List nearly 2 years ago. Sound familiar? I think most of us have projects on the back burner, its just that some of us (me) keep them there a little too long!

Well, I'm happy to report that I finally pulled out those photos and the lovely paper I picked out and took this little project {OFF the To-Do List!}

Front Cover

Here are a few of the 20 pages:
and the back cover:


The cover layout was inspired by this week's challenge over at PaperCraft Star


And thanks to the gals over at Shopping Our Stash I was motivated by this week's challenge to dig into my "old pile" and DO something with it!

Now I have my own mini album to remember one of the best sister weekends .... ever!

Supplies used:
Paper: Olivia Level 2 by Close To My Heart
Stamp Set: D1254, C1440,, B1366, W189 all Close To My Heart
Ink: Chocolate, Olive (CTMH)
Perfect Pearls: Copper
Zutter Bind it All
Marvy 3" Scallop Punch
Bling, Twine, Brads, leaves ... all misc/unknown stash
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What a simple and elegant cover ! I have looked at it about three times now, gorgeous. It definitely gives one the feel of Northern Minnesota, well no bugs, but I can almost smell it. Always, always a pleasure to see you here at Papercraft Star, Marg !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been that long since you were at the North Shore. I remember you talking about that and it seems like yesterday!The album is b-e-a-utiful!! The way you've grouped the embellisments is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I LOVE LOVE mini albums and you did such a great job on this. The black matting on the photos throughout just ties it all together so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star! The sketch looks great on your cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT project!! It's beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mini albums are so fun to create. I am working on one right now, but I can't seem to get finished. Thanks for sharing this creation because now I am feeling my inspiration come back to me. I just adore the cover of your album, the leaves, the colors - just amazing! Thanks for sharing your creation with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Tator Patch!